John M.S. Lecky UBC Boathouse
UBC, UBC Properties Trust and the UBC rowing alumni worked with the City of Richmond to build the John M.S. Lecky Boathouse on the middle arm of the Fraser River. The building will serve Varsity Rowers, Learn-to-Row, Recreational and Masters Rowers. Other water sport programs are also able to access the storage opportunities provided by the Boathouse, including but not limited to kayaks and dragon boats. The boathouse also serves the community by providing meeting rooms and banquet facilities for rent.
- Address: 7277 River Road
- User: UBC Athletics & Recreation
- Project Manager: Crystal Roche
- Architect: Larry McFarland Architects Ltd.
- Construction: Kindred Construction
- Project Size: 13,197
- Budget: 6,000,000
- Construction Status: Complete
- Completion: September 2006
- Occupancy: September 2006